Sunday 22 January 2012

Running & fitness progress

Well I intended to post Thursday but then slipped over on the way home from work so lay on the sofa resting up after it! Thankfully it was dark & I was outside the flats when it happened so not many people saw me & managed to scramble up with the help of a kind young man at the bus stop whilst another ran after my brolley for me.

Anyway back to the progress it's been over a week since I've posted & I've 2 weeks running to tell you about. Monday before last headed off & climbed on the treadmill feeling terrible. I struggled to do 3k with walk 1 min run 3 & to be honest didn't really enjoy it. The Wednesday however went much better and this was down to taking headphones & tuning into clubland tv! It was an old school mash up & took me back to my clubbing days with Caroline & Jo at Shelleys in Stoke! I managed to run 7 minutes & walk 1 & did this 3x. Then on Friday I went even better than that by running a whole 3k without stopping again clubland tv helped me with a mix of old tunes & new & just sheer determination. This week I struggled again on Monday & I've come to the conclusion that it's down to not sleeping too well on the Sunday night! Hopefully tonight I'll sleep better & as I've reluctantly had a rest day today I'll run better in the morning. I also struggled with my run Wed this week to just tired with all the classes, running & pt & just about shuffled a 3k. PT Friday Kim worked with me on large muscle groups with weights then onto some hiit in a body weight circuit. We finished with a series of sprints on the treadmill & whilst they were only 30 second sprints x 5 i did this at a speed of 12 & didn't feel like I was going to die which I have previously felt when trying to sprint.

I also did the double whammy of pump & combat on Friday & Saturday & wanted to go today but as I'm in so much pain I reluctantly took a rest day! I k ow its needed but I miss my daily fix as its like a drug to me.

I'm feeling tired & aching today & wanting to go & sleep but if I do that I'll not sleep tonight so sat on the sofa in pj's watching more 4 which is nice as I dont get to chill much.

I hope it's been a good week from you all & you've had fun. The next blog I write will contain more information re my feelings & thoughts on exercise & fitness & would like to know your thoughts on why I've become addicted! X

No comments:

Post a Comment