Sunday 29 January 2012

Another week closer to the run!

Where is time going? How come the week goes so fast!

I was supposed to run on Monday but made the decision on Sunday not to go. Why? Well it was down to the fact I still felt exhausted from the exercise I had done last week & didn't feel I had the energy to do anything. I'm actually quite proud of myself for making that decision as think I'm finally learning to listen to my body & take rest when needed. I had my usual pt sessions on Tuesday & Friday & in Tuesday at the end of the session Kim got me on the treadmill to do 5x 30 second sprints at 12 normally when we have tried these before at no more than a speed of 11 I've felt like I want to die! Not this time I felt ok. Wednesday's run was good I did another 4k & it was a mix of walk/run but did some of this at 10 so completed in 30 mins knocking 4 mins of previous time. I've done a couple of pump classes this week to but had a rest from combat which was hard but needed.

Those of you that know me well & those of you getting to know more from reading this & following me on twitter/Facebook know I love exercise & what a big part of my life it is. I had a debate with a very good friend of mine who lives in Dubai who's convinced that I wouldn't spend so much time doing this if I could eat what I wanted without putting weight on. Sorry Mitul as much as I love you hon you are wrong on this I love exercise & experiencing new ways to get fit. I never thought I'd say it when I half heartedly used to exercise when I was big I really didn't enjoy it & saw it as a chore. I now see it as a drug that gets me high. Would I eat what I wanted if I didn't put weight on? I'd like to think my days of bingeing are behind me & that I'm more in control of emotions these days so hopefully I wouldn't. I also enjoy cooking now & eating healthy food & training is so much better when you fuel your body with healthy food to. No more swollen ankles bloating etc. I'm sure it's sugar & salt that cause these & I can eliminate them by preparing my own food. That said I am human & enjoy my treat day when I allow a couple of treats..

I went to see mum yesterday & my journey there is always spent wondering how she will be & if she will know me. Yesterday was a good day, she wss pleased to see me & we sat on her bed holding hands & I let her know all my news & what I'd been doing. Mum doesn't really talk much sense but I listen to her & assure her she is ok. I also found out that the home are doing a party for her birthday in April as she is 80 so they have banners already. Mum will like that as I'm sure therell be a sing song to which I hear she enjoys still.

So tomorrows the start of a new week & I'm off for a run/walk before work.

Here's to a great week for you all & thank you for reading & showing an interest in my blog. X

1 comment:

  1. I'm afraid I'm still in the exercise-because-it-is-a-chore category. Just maybe one day I'll become like you, all hooked on staying fit. You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete