Monday 2 January 2012

Run & spin today

Went to the gym & did my 2 min run, 1 min walk x 10. I ran at 8 & walked at 5.5. I know it's slow but went ok & I think I'm feeling more confident in my ability now. I moved on to do a few weights for my chest & triceps after this before doing a spin class. It felt good & as I'm back on track with clean healthy food I came home & had salmon with roast tomato, spinach & home made dahl.

I also read a very interesting article in one of the fitness mags I bought about how ever hard you train if you don't eat the right foods as well you won't lose weight. How true this is I'm so aware of this fact & I also train better to when I eat well.

Hope you've all enjoyed the bank holiday & are looking forward to getting back to some sort of normality tomorrow. X

4 comments:

  1. Well done today - a tip someone gave me was that you should always work opposite muscles, ie if working triceps always do your biceps too, and your back if you're working your chest #justsaying. It'll help with the look, and your posture! And, yes sooo looking forwarding to getting back to normality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done that's good to start hun :) my walk i only manage 5.4 I'm going to get my healthy eating started first then get into the gym more. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So true Carole, excersise is important but without a balanced diet you won't lose weight. I know you have the right idea but so many people try these short term fad diets and put weight back on once they stop!

    I look forward to your next blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really good going! Once you have built up some distance you can work on the speed. I was told that intercepting what you're doing with short fast bursts also helps. You're doing fab and it's only 2nd jan remember x

    ReplyDelete