Tuesday 27 December 2011

1st day training to run

I'm feeling very proud of myself today as I've been to the gym & have started training for my 10k run. On the advice of a women's running book I bought I ran 2 minutes & walked 1 minute & I did this 10 times. By the last 2 I was shattered & my speed was slow. I ran 3.8k in that time & speed as average of 8 which I know when I have just done the odd minute or 2 is slow. Tomorrow it's back to the gym but not to run ill be doing a combat class. Next run is Thursday prior to my pt session.

2 comments:

  1. Well done on day 1, you've started great so be happy with distance so far :-) I've got an app to train with that gives a similar cycle but increase running time :) I'm only doing a 5k but hopefully if get the running bug might sign up for 10k too xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done so far, you've taken the first step. I've also signed up for the Manchester 10K!

    ReplyDelete